photo CLAheader_02_zps03ce1060.png photo CLAheader_03_zpsdbcbf243.png photo CLAheader_04_zpsf2bd79e1.png photo CLAheader_05_zps415bba02.png photo CLAheader_03_zpsb6e93b2d.png photo CLAheader_07_zpsc291b525.png

So Long, Seattle

Seattle, thanks for welcoming me with open arms this summer.

Sadly, my time with you has come to an end and it's time to get back to college!
You have taught this small town girl some life-long lessons that she'll never forget.

1) It's possible to live off oatmeal, almonds, skinny vanilla latte's from Starbucks, fruit, and water.
Sometimes cooking is too much work. That's why I refused to do it. For weeks.

2) CrossFit is THE. BOMB.

3) Mt. Rainier is a distraction while driving. No matter how beautiful it is keep your eyes on the road, folks

4) Being alone is freakin' awesome. During college I was constantly surrounded by people. When I first moved to Seattle and realized my sister had a busy life, I freaked. It definitely took me a long while to realize that I was going to be just fine by myself. 

5) Anthropologie candles can make any room smell like heaven.

6) Don't you dare hop into your vehicle and head onto I-5 between 7:30am-9:30am and 3pm-7pm. Unless you, of course, want to be sitting in your little car for a few hours only to drive 5 miles. 

7) If you want some free junk, just drive around. You're guaranteed to find many free items. This is how my sister furnished her entire apartment for only $30.

8) Seattle is very pretty. You're surrounded by the mountains, water, and a beautiful city. But, Iowa is still prettier :)

9) You better be a pro at parallel parking. If not, you can just walk 2 miles to your destination. 
You better believe I took the walking route. 

10) When you're turning, you have to yield to pedestrians. Have I mentioned how many times I've forgotten to do this?

and lastly, "It's not where you are, but who you're with that really matters." 
I didn't think living somewhere where I only knew one person was going to be a big deal. 
I thought to myself, I'll be fine. I'll be in a gorgeous city!
I was so wrong. It quickly became evident how much my family and friends mean to me. 
Nonetheless, I wouldn't give up this past summer for anything.
I have learned countless lessons that I will use for the rest of my life.

So long, Seattle!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, so pretty. I haven't been to Seattle in years but that first photo makes me want to hop on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seattle! i drove there when we were visiting vancouver and it's so pretty :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww yay Seattle! my city <3 glad it treated you well!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely little summary of seattle! It is so true! I always stare at Rainier while driving and i've seen many people get hit by non-yielding drivers, it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you! Thanks for commenting :)